Yakima. Who knew? I expected the worst and got, well not the worst. Melissa and I drove across the state, again, this time to Yakima, the Palm Springs of Washington. Kristen and DJ had us over to their new place for the weekend. Despite my reservations of spending a whole weekend away, in Yakima, spending one last weekend with Kristen and DJ as an unmarried group of friends won me over.
We started out by driving down the valley to a corn maze and fall festival! You know me and corn mazes...I had so much fun. I turn into something of a kid when I get into one. They also had a petting zoo, hay rides, caramel apples, pumpkins, and mallow roasting. Just hook me up to the autumn IV already! After that we drove on to two different wineries, and tasted all sorts of delicious things. It was beautiful out there, the wineries were lively, and it felt great to buy some bottles and support the local industry. We went home, played Cities and Knights, and drank some of our souvenirs. In the morning we went to the farmer's market and then came back to Seattle for my Discovery Park date with that really-cool-guy-that-I-didn't-want-to-mess-things-up-with.
What a great weekend. Kristen's wedding has been consuming us all. She is such a laid back person, but the behavior of her mothers has been, lets just say stress-inducing. Two micro-managers, with an opinion about everything and the time to argue about it. My advice was, run. Run now, fast and far. Let us know where you end up. Forget the dress, the gifts, the centerpieces. The whole thing, while lovely, tradition-filled and very exciting, makes me want to barf. Can't see how thats all going to work out for me, but we'll see.
No comments:
Post a Comment