I saw the new Marlboro Man today. A business man, standing outside the Renaissance Hotel, smoking a Marlboro through some sort of dark, stone, carved holder. I mean, really how many cowboys do we have out there these days? Aren't all the cows now engineered to grow without moving or eating in stainless steel boxes in Kansas? I can't imagine there is a lot of need to patrol the range anymore. But this man, he was polished, modern, and had the look of staring across the plains without all that annoying dust and sagebrush. He was important and rugged, in a conference room sort of way. And his little cigarette holder was way hardcore. Those could be marketed as prizes in the point systems they do, along with coolers and racing jackets. If I had a dollar for every good idea I had while walking to work...
I went to my new gym last night. I got this free, three month pass from a friend that works for a radio station. I figured it was free..so may as well. I am a little embarrassed because I have always slandered gyms. A waste of money, hiding indoors to exercise, the communal showers, the sweaty towels.. But now look at me. All excited to start going. I toured this tiny place in my hood, and saw no crowds, mostly women, people of all shapes and colors, sweet hip hop music.. I'm in! I'm all over it. Next thing you know I'm going to be stopping for lattes everyday and shopping exclusively at Banana Republic. The yuppification of my life continues...
Tonight must decide between going out to dance to Jumbalaya at piano jazz bar, joining Melissa with Boeing employees on quest to "get this one guy wasted", or stay home with heat on and watch arrested development and drink tea.
No comments:
Post a Comment