Monday, October 31, 2005

gimme some candy or ill get you in your sleep

My 8th to the last week of work. PTL (Praise the Lord). I am only currently interested in visas, travel books, REI gift registry, men and holiday family fun. Thats all. Not working. Well, also cooking. I have been interested in cooking lately.

Sewing-fest was great. I made progress on pillowcase bag project, and baby hat knitting. Also made progress on calorie intake thanks to local Calico Cupboard bakery. Sunday consisted of lie-in (sleeping-in, to English people), lunch with friend, nap, REI, and church. Appreciated extra hour of sleep, but not additional hour of darkness.

So today, children are allowed to threaten and extort their neighbors. Adults are required to purchase candy from national candy manufacturers (all other forms of treat are suspect to foul play). I might be able to tie together a halloween candy industrial complex hypothesis if you give me a couple days. You could call me bitter because of my lack of trick-or-treating as a youngster, but mostly I am just afraid for the dental and bodily health of children nationwide. Who knows what said national candy companies are putting into our youngsters? If those kids weren't being so flagrant in getting the candy from us, I might be more inclined to put together a senate committee to investigate the risks to them.

No comments: