Thursday, October 27, 2005

ten more, and nine, and eight..

I went to my gym to actually work out this time. I waltzed in and climbed onto a stair machine, a little nervous that everyone else was looking at my butt, since my machine was closest to the window in the front. It took me about 8 minutes, and one attendant to figure out how the settings worked, v. counter-intuitive. I was stepping away and watching the moms and kids on the treadmills swinging their hips together in time with the newest hip hop hit on KUBE 93. I quickly became fascinated with the little meter readings. Time, calories, height climbed... It was instant gratification for the mind. After 20 minutes, on level 10 of 12, I had burned 367 calories. Great! And it was fun! (Not sure how those 400 calories of chocolate that I ate earlier, due to a moment of weakness at Bartell's fit into this equation) And I felt like I was out of the house, and meeting new people (though I talked to no one except said attendant). There were even two cute, normal, nice looking boys there! I can see why people like it. I take back all the sassy things I have ever said about it. I still doubt that I would actually pay for a membership, but this is different.

Another exciting discovery, this time in the mailbox. Cant believe that we didn't receive this catalog before! Its great! I mean, they must have just missed our house in our last neighborhood. Can't quite figure it out. But my Christmas list is really coming together now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I can see why people like it. I take back all the sassy things I have ever said about it." -Patricia Lenssen

I think this fits into the category that you shouldn't knock it until you've tried it. A good rule of thumb for opinions on all sorts of things:)

M