Thursday, October 13, 2005

december 22

I've made a paper clip train. One paperclip for each week I have left here. There it sits, right on my desk, reminding me what needs to happen, and not happen, in the next 2.5 months. Its not all celebration, or all dread. Much closer to celebration, but somewhere in between. I have a weird mix of feelings. Anxiety that makes my throat close up, wishing for more time. I am not ready yet! I have no idea whats going to happen! Then the feeling of 3 days before Christmas at 8 years old. Not close enough! Can't possibly wait! Would give left arm for time travel to future! Funny how those emotions often come together.

Today I have discovered the amazing thing that is Aretha Franklin's greatest hits. If I ever experience the things she sings about, I will be a happy woman. Sweet, sweet loving and sweet soul music. Mmmm. I'll say a little prayer for someone. In the house that Jack built. Gettin R-E-S-P-E-C-T and feelin like a natural wo-man. Thats what I'm talkin about. Freedom.

No comments: