This morning was cold. My hands were all balled up in the pockets of my warmest wool jacket and I wore a scarf and hat all the way to work. I was wishing that I could ball up in a really big pocket, and someone could carry me, all warm and dark to wherever I needed to go. Brrrr!
I am still slightly comatose from a long weekend of sleeping, eating, crafting, visiting, and hovering around my parents' gloriously hot fireplace. I felt like I had a week off from college or something, and took full advantage of mom's yummy meals, the open washing machine, and sibling companionship. Its hard not to be thankful when all is so well.
We had Thanksgiving dinner with my mom's family this time, instead of with dad's. It was still a large group though (80+), with a doubled sided buffet line, so it felt pretty normal. Staying at Grandpas, reading magazines, and ogling over my 1st cousin once removed, 1 year old Anthony. Lovely, lovely.
Everyone at work now knows of my travels, thanks to my boss announcing it at the staff meeting. So much for personal, thoughtful announcements to each person. Everyone was congratulatory and excited. Glad I can shake things up for them. Its all feeling very close now. I am down to things like unsubscribing from listservs, buying earplugs, scrounging up photos to show people, and finding Seattle postcards to give away. 16 days of work and two more paychecks to go. I think my emotions about it are hiding away under the bed or something. I feel mostly relaxed and looking forward to it. That can't be right...
No comments:
Post a Comment