Sunday, November 20, 2005

slow weekend

Melissa and I were driving around in my car this evening. The car was all foggy, noisy and bouncy, as usual. I was saying that a lot of people don't care for my vehicle, but won't tell me thinking I will take it personally. I said, my friend Tyson was always very honest about his dislike for my car, and I appreciated that. Most people just dance around it, and won't come right out and say it. A minute later, she says, "I've never seen anyone dancing around your car..." She's funny.

I didn't end up going surfing. My network of surfing friends in Seattle (1 guy) ended up not being able to go, so I opted out of driving 5 hours and freezing my butt off with a lack of camaraderie. Sad, I think the conditions were perfect.. I need to make some new surfing friends. Instead I slept till 9:30, layed in bed reading The Secret Life of Bees till 11 and read the paper at the table till 12. The rest of the day is a pajama blur till church and injera for dinner. I'll promise myself an extra day of surfing in Durbin with the $30 I saved by not driving out there.

No comments: