We are fast approaching my third holiday season at CDC. I think back to the glory days here, with all sorts of people that I connected with. People that shared my sense of humor, and liked to talk about the same things that I do. Holiday dinners instead of holiday meetings. It was fun. Then I imagine where I would be right now, if I hadn't hung on all these months in anticipation of The Trip. Somewhere else, for sure. I am trying to separate my feelings about this firm, from my feelings toward landscape architecture in general. I can't believe I have career baggage...whats that all about?
Kristen and DJ came over for the weekend. We all saw Harold and Maude Sat night at the Central Cinema. It was great! Then we played 3 games of Settlers over the following evening and morning. A great PJs, pancakes and walk-in-the-park sort of urban weekend. 7 weekends to go..
I just considered 6 weeks of work left, minus 4 days for holidays/sick days. Laughter like Mad Frankenstein Doctor rolls through mind for 30 seconds. Then sadness...I'll miss you guys. Luckily its not for all that long. Just long enough to make me happy to go, and happy to come back.
No comments:
Post a Comment