I've been something of a movie addict lately. I think I went through 4 movies in the last 3 days. I'll just give you the low and high of it.
Pow=Before Sunset. This movie was a sequel to Before Sunrise. The first was cheesy and pretty weak overall. But the romance always gets me, and I liked it. I should have known that a sequel would be ultra terrible. It was the slowest 1 hour and 20 minutes of theatrical entertainment I could have imagined. I had to fast forward. Heres why, the entire thing was the two characters doing nothing, and chatting. It was exactly like when you hear two people at the coffee shop, blabbing at the next table, struggling to sound intelligent and impress each other. But saying things like, "well, no.." and "seriously though, I mean..." Thats not what you want to hear in a movie. You want to hear people saying what they mean and saying it well. I kept wanting to pick up the paper and read, or tune them out and write in my journal.
Wow=Roman Holiday. 1953. Audrey Hepburn is the woman. The Woman. So captivating and convincing. The story was simple and fun. The acting was great. The shots, all in Roma, made me so nostalgic. The black and white, shadows and selective lighting. I ate it up! My favorite line was (and only because it was purely innocent, nothing off-taste was happening, she was drugged, changing into PJs, and she said it in the funniest way) "This is very unusual. I've never been alone with a man before, even with my dress on. With my dress off, its most unusual." I would recommend this movie to anyone.
1 comment:
Your site p ricia, I found to be very interesting. When I was searching for Marlboro Contest yours was the most eyecatching. While working on my site Marlboro Contest I have been seeking ways to make it better and found yours to be helpful. Thanks!
Post a Comment