Tuesday, August 16, 2005

everybody poops


I had a really nice hike and swim up in the North Cascades last weekend. Check out this picture my mom took! I went with my whole family plus two of my small cousins. Awesome views of Baker and Shucksan, pretty meadows, and really cool colored boulders. It was fun! Then we went and swam in Baker Lake. So refreshing.

One does not think about children's bathroom needs, when one does not have children. Most people can wait to do their business for a couple of hours on a hike. But kids cannot. Luckily my sister had some paper, because both kids had to go! What a mess! Teaching a kid to poop in the woods is harder than you think. Adults are just more able to keep themselves clean. But these kids were smearing and stepping and falling all over the place! Sick! My new found confidence in that I want to have my own children is somewhat shaken. Washing poop off your new hiking pants can do that to anyone.

No comments: