"Will it ever end? How many more bends? Surely this is the last. Will we be out here for sunset? Midnight? I hope we see the green bridge soon, where they say the car is parked. Did they park the car next to the same river? I'm really cold. Are we all going to die? And be eaten by wild dogs?"
These are my thoughts as we traverse mile 6 of 8 on our marathon river tubing adventure. The first 5 miles were a blast. Cute little rapids, linking up as a group, giggling as we slide under fallen trees, trying not to be poked in the eye. But then I got cold. And the bridge was nowhere in sight. Lots of experimentation about which way propping yourself up on your black inner tube gets you going fastest. Feelings of victory when you got yourself into sun, and defeat as you drifted into shade. But alas, after one rock waterfall, a few forks in the stream, and only one out-of-control-dismount, the bridge came into view. Praise the Lord! Deliverance! Then you should have seen the six of us deflating our tubes in strange contorted positions in the parking lot so we could fit the tubes in the car.
What a nice weekend! Fun dinner in Tacoma with old friends. The 4 hour tubing adventure. Camping at salmon la sac with Kristen, DJ, Rob, Julie and Melissa. Hiking Thorp Mountain Sunday with an incredible view of Rainier and a large, unidentified lake. The hike was short, steep and filled with thimble berries, blueberries, blue bells, yarrow and paintbrush. The sun was hot, and the mountain breeze was cold. Doesn't get much better than that! Yay! I love the mountains!
Now, the office. Always the office. At least I was able to go for a long walk this morning to deliver drawings around town. And I found myself a consolatory coffee bubble tea to tote around while I went.
No comments:
Post a Comment