Sunday, December 04, 2005

happy thanksgiving!

What a joyful weekend I had! Melissa and I hosted the Urban Family Thanksgiving, and had 14 of our friends over for a thanksgiving meal. I had three of my best friends stay over all weekend, and spent time playing settlers of catan, preparing the food, and eating.

The food was delicious, and I'll admit that I am proud of myself, and the other chefs in the kitchen. One 18 lb bird in brine and stuffed with homemade cornbread stuffing. Mashed potatoes, apple crisp, gravy and salad. People brought lots to share, and I think it was in my top three tastiest thanksgiving meals ever. I enjoyed the work of preparation, serving, and even cleaning up. Something about being in the kitchen with friends, all working together. Even after we scrubbed and soaked the house down Sunday, it still smelled of turkey dinner in the kitchen, and reminded me of all the great people that were there the day before. I'm getting hungry for leftovers just thinking about it!

No comments: