Wednesday, December 14, 2005

carpe diem

I feel so happy lately. As if I may burst if anything else good comes into my head. This is abnormal for the middle of a weekday. Everything feels so real to me right now. As if I only have 19 days to live, and that heaven is on the way. Not that I plan on dying, and not that I want my life to end - I love this life I have right now. Its difficult to explain. My priorities have sorted themselves out. Things previously on my agenda, like having my sweaters organized into three equally sized piles on the shelf seem insignificant, and that's freeing. Worrying about if I am spending my time in a productive manner - no more. Things like spending time with people I enjoy, making jokes at every opportunity, wanting to kiss beautiful mountains and staying up late to watch movies in spite of the morning alarm seem to be what life is all about.

4 days left to work. It feels like I was saying "45 days to go!", just yesterday. I don't even have a paperclip train anymore. Just a paperclip. And soon, its going to be someone else's paperclip. Good riddance. I need no paperclips in my life for a while.

I just had a sweet exchange of emails with Maria, our host mom in Mendoza, Argentina. She says (in spanish) that it is very hot, to bring a hat, and that they await our arrival. She also wished us feliz navidad y comienzo de ano!
How cool is that? Its going to be great living with her family, working in her garden and orchard and canning her fruit! Wwoofing is great!

No comments: