Monday, June 27, 2005

surfs up indeed

Well, Costa Rica is great. After 3 days in Montezuma, jumping off waterfalls, eating well, and staying at a beautiful hotel with honey colored wood and an awesome view, we are in Playa Carmen. Surfers and locals. Theres nothing else here to attract your general tourist. Its hot and the beach is so long, I can't see either end. We are staying at a little surfer's paradise. Four rooms, a common space and kitchen. Shared bathroom. Its that summer in a frat that I always wanted, but never had. Important questions from our roommates like, should we surf now, or smoke a joint first? Really, they are nice guys that just enjoy the simple life...

After a day and a half of looking out on the waves, and thinking, "yikes. thats big. are we sure this is okay? it must be...," we rented our boards this morning and miraculously the waves shrank. Two and three foot little friends, that are nice to catch, and won't kill us. I hope this holds out. Heidi is catching on, and maybe she'll actually enjoy it soon. We have learned to surf at low tide, not high, and that the sun burns you. I'm bright red and tired, but excited to get back in it. Its great to be back in the ocean. I think we're going to go out again after our lunch siesta.

I'm excited for Brynn and Tyson to arrive. And still miss Mark and Sarah. It was great to see them. Its incredible to not be at work, and i'm really enjoying the fruit and adventure. We're really in the swing of things now, so its all happening. Time to hang ten!

No comments: