

The main silliness highlight was definitely the first night. The wind picked up and I had wisely 'weighted' my 4 person tent down with my sleeping bag and thermarest, instead of staking it. We were sitting around the table in the dark when I see movement in the corner of my eye. 'AHH, MY TENT!' It is somersaulting down the bank towards the creek, which swiftly moves out towards the lake. I jump up, like lightning they tell me later, and slide down the bank and to the waters edge just in time as the tent set sail and began to pick up speed, right side up on the creek. I held onto a tree and reached out as far as I could. I just barely caught the edge of it with three fingers and yanked it out to safety. Miraculously, my sleeping bag and pad stayed inside, getting minimally wet. The tent dried before bed-time, and all was well, after I staked it down.
No comments:
Post a Comment