Tuesday, June 21, 2005

countdown 10, 9, 8...

My paper chain has been reduced to a single link. My attention span, to a blink. My patience for this desk and computer, poof! So I'm sure this day will feel about 3 days long.

I'm going to Central America today. Haven't said that before. Pretty legit. I'm just deciding if I can fit another skirt in, or if that third book is too much. I have to carry on, because we have to bust it to a taxi and get to the bus station, to catch a ferry. How exciting! It'll be like the amazing race, for an afternoon at least. Then we'll eat and sleep and lay around.

Down to the most important and last minute preparation activities. Like waxing my legs last night. Kristen waxing my legs, actually. If you have never done that before, I would not recommend it. Its probably one of the most unintelligent things I've done. It took two, one hour sessions, consisting of yelps and cries, and nervous laughter. After every rip, Kristen would ask, how was that one? And that one? It was a riot. I just couldn't believe that I was allowing it to go on. It was so painful, and I just sat there, letting it go on, and suggesting ways for it to be done differently. I had to deny my self-defense instincts and remain in harm's sticky, oily way. Totally asinine.

So thats it. Three weeks. I haven't been gone from work that long in two years. Time to reclaim my youth, laugh at the money I could have made had I stayed at work and hammer out those wave reading skills. I hope to blog on the trip, so stay tuned!

No comments: