Thursday, February 28, 2008

another year!

Happy Half Birthday to me! Today I am 27.5 years old. To celebrate my half birthday, I treated myself to a box of Fran's Smoked Salt Caramels, the greatest chocolate ever made, introduced to me by my friend Sara, a woman of impeccable taste. Here is what google has to say about the number 27.5:

  • Wisconsin foreclosures up 27.5 percent in 2007
  • 27.5" Widescreen Flat-Panel TFT-LCD Monitor for $550
  • Home Depot profit falls 27.5%
  • Ambassador Leo Wanta, the man holding 27.5 trillion dollars

I have always been fond of my half birthday. It's an appropriate marker in one's life, without all the fuss or expectations of a real birthday. The best half birthday I ever celebrated was in the 10th grade. In order for me, a summer birthday person, to be able to carry around flowers and balloons at school, my best-est friends surprised me with both on my half birthday. They also brought me clever, homemade joke gifts which all fell under the theme of making fun of the nickname which I had given to the senior guy that I had a crush on from my badminton class. The planning, time spent, cleverness of gifts and surprise factor really was great. It doesn't take much!

No comments: