Tuesday, September 25, 2007

not so fancy

Every week in the Seattle Times, there are articles or entire sections on housing prices in Seattle. My current motto is "Why buy when you can rent?", so I am somewhat immune to the alarms that are sounded as prices rise or sometimes fall. Everyone my age seems to be buying a home of some kind. I can barely commit to going back to the office at the end of each day, let alone a commitment to stay in and pay for a home.














Seattle is a great place and I know why people want to live here. In my neighborhood, houses sell from 500k to 1.5million. All on the same block. And on a block with a scene like this photo, taken at the end of my alley.
1.5 million dollar house right next to a garage full of rotting cars and bullet holes. Yet somehow it works and I even find it a bit charming. I would rather an eyesore like this than a million neighbors with clean three car garages painted in beige. Which is why Seattle is the place for me, and not the Heather View Ridge Estates.

No comments: