
Lucky me, I only had to work two days last week because I took time off for a good ol' fashion Lenssen Family Vacation. Sadly it was only for 4 days and by the end I had decided to live on Lopez Island and never come back to the craziness that is Seattle, where homes are 1/2 a million dollars and I have about 10 dollars to spare. I love the San Juans. They feel like my extended back yard and each one is a haven of relaxed hippie loving, bike riding and organic produce. What more is there to hope for in a home? Besides that a place on Lopez may run even more than 1/2 a million dollars. Maybe I could live on a boat nearby?


We rented a nice big house with plenty of room to roam. I sang along to Hank Williams with my dad, played games with my siblings and took naps. And played with the baby. We were all captivated the entire time Ashenafi was awake. He is so incredible and I can't get enough of him. We had a really nice time all together as a family. I wish we could do that monthly instead of yearly!
On the way home we stopped at a fruit stand in the Skagit Valley for more organic produce and some ice cream. Talk about grotesque proportions, I wish David had been there to see these cones. This photo was taken after I had already eaten about a third of the ice cream. I actually had to bite and spit quite a lot of it into the bushes because eating it would have made me ill. I didn't really feel like ice cream at the time, but the smell of the fresh waffle cones was just too much.
No comments:
Post a Comment