After almost 4 months of feeling incomplete and somewhat unattractive, I finally got new teeth. When I look in the mirror, I am surprised. Whoa! Where have you guys been?
They look pretty much exactly like my old ones. The thing is, they aren't. They are fake. It's a really weird feeling. I know I only had half of each tooth left, but at least I had that. I sat there in the chair numbed up to my eyes while the dentist spent an hour taking everything that I had left with his drill. I feel like I lost something important. But it had to be done. I wasn't really up for not having front teeth at this point in my life. At least I still have all the rest of them. After 3.5 hours in total, I walked out feeling pretty good.The new ones look nice, I can bite things and I don't whistle when I say the letter S anymore. I feel cuter and unafraid to smile as usual. Or what used to be usual before May 29th.
The trouble is not over yet. These teeth are temporary. Some people down at the lab are going to fix up some harder ones with some flecks to match what my old teeth looked like. Not quite sure how they are going to take these temporary ones off, but I'll deal with that when the time comes. For now, I am just happy to be as back to normal as possible. Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment