
Sharing is caring. Since I care, here is a list of the arts I have enjoyed in the recent past.
Books:
Mountains Beyond Mountains, Tracy Kidder - A page turning biography about a doctor who works in Haiti. You'll learn so much about so many global issues.
I am Charlotte Simmons, Tom Wolfe - I may have mentioned this before, but what a fun read! My favorite of last year.
Cradle to Cradle, William McDonough and Michael Braungart - I haven't actually read this yet, but I know it's going to be good. Nonfiction about how manufacturing could be a closed cycle (no waste).
Music:
Wincing the Night Away, The Shins - Another strong album from the Shins. Love it.
Nashville, Josh Rouse - Fun, singable and diverse quasi-western indie rock.
Illinois, Sufjan Stevens - If this album didn't get me around the world, I don't know what did.
Art:
Droog , An awesome design collaborative out of Holland. Droog is all about practical humor in everyday objects. Love it.
Nikki McClure, A local paper artist whose stuff all my friends love. So refreshing, so meaningful.
Jim Warren, Melissa's favorite painter
3 comments:
We saw a clever and fabulous exhibit by Droog in Melbourne, Australia last fall. What great talents! So amusing.
love, Dede
You can buy Nikki McClure's stuff at buyolympia.com. Also, you're brutally mean! You just committed social homicide!!
I love Warren's stuff too...makes me feel so free.
Post a Comment