My journey to work is a colorful experience each day. You never know who is going to sit next to you on the Number 2 or how they might smell. Sometimes I wonder if I can hold my breath for the last 18 minutes of the journey. I am usually the first or second person on the bus. At 33rd we pick up 4 nice ladies that all sit in the front and say hello and smile to the rest of the ladies who sit up there. By 20th, the bus is full and and people always make room for the guy with the little 2 year old in his arms.
The bus goes by the Department of Immigration where at least 50 people are waiting outside in a long line every morning. After the full 35 minutes, I arrive at Bell and 2nd. I make my way on foot down Bell Street past the Dog Town Lounge. Here the dogs do not wait in line, but head right in for doggie play time and certified massage therapy. I try to keep from growling at the chihuahuas wearing sweaters in the window pen. The walk is the best part of my trip and I try to take a few extra deep breaths of outside air before arriving at 215 Westlake. I am never ready to turn off my music and get to work, but so it goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment