Wednesday, September 14, 2005

suck it in

I think every woman has a pair of 'weight testing' pants. A pair that only fits well when things are going just right with the exercise to cookie ratio. My pair doesn't stretch at all, and I bought them in London just after the height of triathlon training. They are cute, but strike a bit of fear in my heart when I eye them for my day's outfit. 'Ooh, are those going to be comfortable today?' I reach for my butt and narrow my eyes to see how I think things may be going. If I decide to give it a shot, its a risk. An entire morning's self esteem depends on their performance. Today, I went for it, and was pleased that they were just at the brink of comfortable. I know they have been loose before. So I feel satisfied enough this time. But I always think, this may be it. This may be the last time I put these on. Its just barely worth the stress.

So I and several friends of mine have been stalking a blog for some time now. If you enjoy my blog, hers is way better. You'll get hooked. Young mother with two kids, a foul mouth, fantastic sense of humor and a creative perspective.

We started packing. I have boxed up some things that I will not need for a year. Things to be packed away and re-discovered after I travel the world and realize I don't need any of that junk. Its sad. There is an element of excitement. Change is good, and I'll probably get in better shape with the added half mile to the walk. But mostly sadness. I love our house, and everytime I think about Kristen moving away, I cry. I am so used to spending so much time with her. Standard day: come home, sit down and talk, pilfer fridge together, watch netflix together, put on PJs, go down and read or talk in her bed, go to sleep. We are urban family sisters, that have chosen eachother. Its so great, and I couldn't ask for a better friend, except that she not fall in love with a man and move away. It was inevitable. I should have know that we were set up for separation. Thats why I need to get married too, so that the next person doesn't ever have to go. The way forward.

No comments: