Friday, September 23, 2005

movin on up

Ah the boxes. Nothing but boxes. Where can I get boxes, who has boxes, where can I store boxes (who said it?). I have about half of my worldy possessions put away. Purging is the name of the game. Selling, giving and throwing away furniture. Everything must go! Act now! Low, low prices! Melissa and I get our keys to our new home tonight. And I have to sacrificially slay my dahlias in their prime, and shove my garden hoses into my parent's shed. Its all happening. Change, it gets me every time.

I have been thinking about my other homes, and all the things that happened in each of them. The places we ate, the grocery stores where we shopped, the weird neighbors that we have always had. And my slurry of roommates. I've had so many. It should have made me a more tolerable and patient person, right? Since I moved from home, I think my living sphere has never been peaceful and conflict free. The problems do not always involve me, but it seems that there is usually something. Luckily it has been mostly small stuff. Nothing fatal to the situation. I am just thankful that I have had ultimately good situations up till now. My rent has been cheap, and my dinnertime never boring. In spite of all the drama, its just good to be surrounded by people. I could see myself turning into a hermit, and I don't want that to happen. So let me shout out to all of my roomies, past and present. Evil and lovely, you know who you are. Here's to shared housing and not spending weekends going to home depot!

No comments: