Friday, September 02, 2005

can't believe i am 25! 22 just yesterday..

I'm a mess today. Crying at home while I read about whats going on in New Orleans. Numb with boredom at work. Still sick with a bad cold. Yawning while I blog. I almost stayed home today. Not sure why I don't go with those intuitive moments.

I saw two older ladies going down the street past me on first hill, headed home from St. James. One lady, about as tall as my belly button
was wearing a red felt jacket. The other had a walker and a nice light blue coat. I felt so happy that they are able to live in the city at their age. Its great that they can keep walking together to their church, and the store, and the doctor. Be active and independent, in spite of not having a car. Its too bad when older folks become prisoners of the suburbs, at the mercy of their relatives' lunching whims. And they were so cute, they really cheered me up. So lets hear it for urban retirement homes! Maybe after I spend my mid-life in the country/forest at my commune, I'll be ready for more urban living.

No comments: