Friday, July 25, 2008

a few of my favorite things

When I started blogging back in 2005, the entries to my paper journal fell off pretty quickly. I have always liked to journal, but with the blog I didn't really feel like writing about the same things twice. I still keep a paper journal though, and write things that I want to keep to myself. I also adopted a new style of listing that is meant to take a quick snapshot about what my life is like, without all the paragraphs. Here's what it's like, for today:

Who I am in love with: No one (normally, you can put a guy's name here, and obviously I am not really in love with them)
Who loves me: No one I love (normally, this is normal, and of course I am not counting my parents, etc.)
What I am listening to: Viva la Vida and In Rainbows, still
What I enjoyed this morning: Publicity about the evil and dangerous ways of the S.L.U.T.
What I am eating: Deluxe Sunday Morning Coffee Cake, from Joy of Cooking
What home product has recently changed my life: Mrs. Meyer's Ironing Spray, Lavender
What career I am thinking about this week: Park Ranger
How most days feel: Like 1/2 a day - they go by quickly
How much I will like working overtime this Sunday: As much as I like the S.L.U.T.
What I am reading: The Shack, The Fitzgeralds and the Kennedys

There it is. Sometimes the list is short, sometimes long. Sometimes I take off on a paragraph because something is on my mind. It's very fun to go back and read these lists though. It's like a time capsule. I would recommend it for anyone tired of writing or short on time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I made a list too, yours is much more interesting!

-H