Wednesday, November 07, 2007

DST-lag

I was thinking to myself as I walked to the bus stop in the dark last night that winter isn't so bad. It's really only bad from November until March. I can make it. I can do this again. Then I realized it was only November the 6th and I felt like crying.

I am against daylight savings. I am actually against standard time. I think we should just keep going with the daylight savings time all year. It's just not right that overnight we go from sunny afternoons and getting home just before sunset to leaving the office in the dark. It's official now that I feel perpetually sleepy, don't want to exercise after work and do want to eat myself into hibernation. Why must we live so far north?

I am for massage, alternately. I have been on the brink of a migraine and occasionally over the brink for three weeks straight. There is so much tension in my neck I wish I could harness the muscle energy for the greater good. I figured since my deductible is more than fulfilled for the year, I should try to get a referral for massage and see if that helps me more than scary, debilitating, migraine medication that makes you float above your own body (sounds cool but isn't).

I had my first treatment today. Samantha popped on the new age music and got the lotion out. She said, "I tend to work a little on the deeper side, so if you want more or less pressure, let me know." Whew, she wasn't kidding! There was nothing relaxing about that 45 minutes. I winced and breathed and forced myself to relax as she stuck her thumbs into the back of my head and forced the heel of her hand s-l-o-w-l-y down the side of my neck. I have to say I feel worse now than I did before. I think I have whiplash. The soreness should get better after tomorrow and she told me the pain would be less each time. Alright Sam, I'll take your word for it.

No comments: