Friday, May 28, 2010

monologue


I woke up this morning with a very unique sensation. My head was hurting from the back of my neck all the way around my head to the bottom of my eyebrows. Like a hood. Even my ears hurt. If anyone knows headaches, it's me, and this is a special one. I am not afraid though because I know what is wrong. This is a Mononucleosis headache. I had a similar one about 4 weeks ago. Just when I thought my life couldn't get any weirder, it did!


I am in a completely different place than I was 6 months ago. I mean, I'm still in Seattle and still in my house and my same bed, but that's not what I mean. I have had two new jobs, the second of which is turning out very well. I've had almost 4 weeks of time off in between these jobs (which I squandered, but no longer feel bad about due to the mono). My amazing Grandpa is off to new places, and I still cry often at the thought of it. I got ready to go to Italy, then got un-ready since we changed the whole thing to September. I've been anxious and sad. Tired and ill. Cheerful and fine. Concerned about the length of my shorts. It's all been so confusing!


But now I have at least one reason for my rhyme. I went to the doctor last week with another scary-bad-sore throat and they called me back Monday to tell me I had mono. The person who called sounded like she was trying to be sorry and comforting when she told me. I was kind of excited! I said, oh that's okay. At least I know what is wrong! I'll be okay now! And I will, after another few weeks hopefully. This explains the new kinds of tired, new kinds of headache and all kinds of other fun symptoms I have been experiencing. It's not cancer, it's not a run-away bacterial infection. It's just a virus, and a normal one at that. I can handle that.

No comments: