This is going to be my last Special Project post. Not so sadly, I am out of material. I'm not going to make any more promises about whether there will be any more new material in the future. I have gone through my phone and deleted the numbers that I needed once or twice, but don't need any more. These people are now men that have crossed my path, end of story. No need to 'still be friends'.
He had me at the photo, as all the bearded ones do. Cute, dark eyes and a beanie. Long hair too, which would be interesting. I couldn't resist. I suggested we cut the email dance and just get right to the first date. I think I was tired of all my new e-pen pals. I have found that the more you write, the more your mind gets carried away with who you think this person is. Instead of getting to know them better, you have more material to exaggerate and load with meaning. It's very dangerous.
We met at a hipster bar because I wanted their happy hour burger. At this point, I had moved away from being submissive and doing whatever the man wanted to do. Instead if I wanted to meet somewhere, I would suggest it and see what they thought. Mostly, they were glad to have the hard work done for them, and I had more fun. The burger was delicious and the conversation was fun and natural. I felt disarmed. No need to impress. This man was so chilled out and accepting. A nice change from Rich Ryan. And I liked his hair, and the manly way that he smoothed it out after it got in his face. It worked.
On the way out in between making fun of his car and an awkward hug, we decided to go hiking the next Saturday, which you may remember. We had a great time, flirted a lot, shared an apple at lunch and talked about our families and friends. I looked forward to his call later that week. I invited him to a concert I was going to, featuring long-haired, beared Fleet Foxes. He said he would check his schedule and let me know... Is this sounding familiar yet? I waited and expected. I called. And he never called. I was sad for a day or so. Then I let it go and moved on. And moved on I have.
No comments:
Post a Comment