Who was she? Brynn has been my friend since freshman year of college. We were placed in the same bible study at church, and never looked back. After she let me sleep on her dorm room floor for a week, just to see what I was missing out by having to live at home, I knew she liked me.
We used to play catch out on the street after classes. We used to bike, run, swim and play all hours of the day and night. She told us stories of her youth back in Lynden and would have us holding our bellies. If there was an opportunity to do anything at all, she was in. Coffees, exercise, roaming campus, telling jokes - Brynn was in the middle of it. Or on top of it, like when she cut out a photo of her face and pasted it on the angel on top of our Christmas tree.
We traveled down to Costa Rica together in 2005. Slightly afraid, but mostly ecstatic, we surfed and made rice and beans. We met some British guys, surely through Brynn's magnetic personality, and hung out with them for the last few days of our trip. We rented bikes and went swimming under a little waterfall with some local kids outside of town. We just plain had fun. We enjoyed ourselves. Brynn was, and always will be, an expert enjoyer of life. I miss having her around everyday. She is irreplaceable. I love her dearly and wish her all the best with her new sidekick. I am glad to know that she is only a car trip away and that although she has many people to give her love to, she seems to always have a little piece for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment