Sunday, Melis and I broke for the mountains and had a very enjoyable trek along the 
We cut along the lake edge among the eerie stumps and came upon something magical. These people were skiing and snowboarding along the flat lake edge, using kites. What will they think of next? It looked amazing, as was confirmed as such by one guy that skated back and forth in front of us several times, carrying on a conversation about the sport in fits as he zoomed by. One guy was doing 360's, 5' up in the air on his skis, banking off the drifts.I thought about these people, and how they must be rich partners of firms somewhere or ER doctors with a lot of time off. A kite set up for the water runs you about 4k and then you also need to be a good skier and have that gear too. Money and time off – a glorious combination. I need to put on my to do list - date an extreme sports guy so that I can try fun things without paying 4k for gear up front.
No comments:
Post a Comment