Wednesday, November 15, 2006

housewifery

Did I mention lately that I am living the dream? THE dream. I am a stay-at-home, work-from-home housewife with no husband, children or mortgage. I chit chat with neighbors, take brisk afternoon walks or jogs and am immersed in craft projects and Christmas gift creation. I think a lot about what to fix for dinner. It's really nice to be able to "rush" through a novel, 3 hours a day for 4 days in a row so that I can return it on time to the library.

I do try and get up early. I work on my writing daily. I work on my portfolio for job applications. My social calendar is filling out. Claire and I have people over.

All defenses aside, I love my life right now. It's a lot of fun. If only these days could go on forever. Maybe I could marry well...

I don't have any photos of me at home being lazy or productive. I will instead share a trip photo. Maybe I will post one here and there to help us all remember the glory days before the glory days. These are Kenyan kids in the village I stayed in Way Out There.

No comments: