Tuesday, August 01, 2006
noodle bliss
Its good to be in Asia. We arrived in Bangkok a week ago and have been reveling in the good food, nice people, cute hats and pleasant climate. After three days in Bangkok, enjoying the canals and markets, we jumped on a last minute flight to Hanoi, Vietnam. Hanoi is a wonderful, busy, little city, full of motorcycles and soup. We are amazed at how nice everyone is and their comforting attention to detail. After that, we booked ourselves a luxury $39, all-inclusive, two-day tour to Ha Long Bay aboard a fun wooden ship with mini-cabins and lounge chairs. We marveled at the scenery of the UNESCO heritage site and enjoyed some kayaking and swimming. I have always wanted to come to Vietnam, and the dreams-come-true are just rolling in. It was a very relaxing and inspiring excursion and we look forward to traveling further south and getting some proper beach time logged.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Tricia,
If you want beaches try Vũng Tàu to the south along the Vietnamese Riviera. There's a couple of significant Buddhis sites and a large statue of Jesus (or at least there were 30+ years ago. I really loved Vung Tau. Cu Chi, if its still called that, was where I spent most of my time Tet & Spring offensives in 1968. Lots of tunnels there, that I hear are now a museum.
Enjoy the continuing adventure,
Uncle Jack
Post a Comment