One of my favorite activities on the train is to read the English papers that they pass out with breakfast in 2nd class. My favorite section is by far the matrimonials. Arranged marriage is alive and well here in India. If I had married at 21 and was happily settled down, I would probably say that the system is awful and should be abolished. Considering my circumstances here at 25, I don't think I am in any place to judge. Maybe it's just what I need?
I have written an ad for myself, copied from one I found in last Sunday's Times of India. Most of the qualifiers and format is the same. Dad, if you want to publish it in the Seattle Times back home, feel free.
Wanted: Suitable match for a publicly educated, BLA - University of Washington woman, not working and currently spending all of her savings. 25 yrs, 175 cm, 68kg. Somewhat sun-weathered complexion, dutch ancestry, normal-looking American female. Father project manager civil servant in engineering. Family reputed as very jolly and well behaved. Very decent package including school debt, 37 yr old car, 8 yr old computer, and plenty of second hand household goods. Caste no bar. Seeks man from non-neurotic, fun-loving family preferably in seasonal surfing related industry. Well worn hiking boots and a sense of humor preferred. Seattle or West Coast USA. Send BHP as comment to this blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment